- SpamSieve 2.9.19 (released January 27) is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.10.2. After updating, if you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message menu, you’ll need to fix that.
- It’s best to update to the latest version of SpamSieve before updating Mac OS X. To prevent Mac OS X from updating itself without your permission, go to the App Store section of System Preferences and make sure that Install OS X updates is unchecked.
- If want to use a pre-release version of Mac OS X or update to the latest release version of Mac OS X as soon as it’s ready, you should sign up to receive public beta versions of SpamSieve. Then you will likely already have a compatible version of SpamSieve installed when the OS update first becomes available. The current version of SpamSieve is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10.3 (14D105g).
- There’s lots of information in the SpamSieve manual, such as the list of supported mail programs and OS versions, setup instructions for the different mail programs, and a section on iPhone spam filtering.
- For the best filtering accuracy, follow the instructions to do an initial training and to correct all the mistakes.
- Are lots of spam messages (or more than before) ending up in your inbox? Even if SpamSieve is catching some of your spam, there’s a good chance that there’s a setup problem. Just fix your settings, and the accuracy will return to normal.
- Wondering why you see spam in a Junk mailbox in addition to SpamSieve’s Spam mailbox? This is probably normal and due to your mail server’s junk filter.
- Have you checked the list of frequently asked questions, including the general ones for the application and the ones for Apple Mail?
- If your question is not answered above, please gather the proper background information and send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please do not forward spam messages to this address.
Subscribe to the SpamSieve-News mailing list to get an e-mail when a new version of SpamSieve is released or an important support issue arises.
The SpamSieve forum is the place to talk with other SpamSieve users, share tips and tricks, and ask questions. To keep up with the latest posts, you can sign up for the SpamSieve forum RSS feed, or to a single feed for all the forums.
We’d like to hear your suggestions for making SpamSieve better. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample SpamSieve AppleScripts are available, which demonstrate how to access SpamSieve’s rules, corpus, and windows. Additional scripts let you customize the interaction between SpamSieve and various e-mail clients.
SpamSieve 2.9.19 requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.5, you can run SpamSieve 2.9.14.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.4, you can run SpamSieve 2.9.6.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.3, you can run SpamSieve 2.6.6.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.2, you can run SpamSieve 2.6.4.
If you purchase SpamSieve 2.9.19 you can request a serial number to run these older versions.