- SpamSieve 2.9.15 (released June 30) is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.9.4. If you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail, please choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu. Otherwise, with the SpamSieve plug-in not installed, Mail will move good messages to the spam mailbox without consulting SpamSieve. For more information, please see the Why does SpamSieve always need an update when Mac OS X is updated? section of the manual.
- There is a known issue where Apple Mail on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks is slower at moving messages via AppleScript. This can cause delays/freezes of up to 10 seconds when using the SpamSieve - Train as Spam and SpamSieve - Train as Good commands. SpamSieve includes workarounds to move messages faster by using GUI scripting instead of regular AppleScript. To enable the workarounds, please see the AppleMailTrainSpamGUIScripting and AppleMailTrainGoodGUIScripting options in the Esoteric Preferences section of the manual.
- For additional information about changes in Mavericks related to SpamSieve, please see Mavericks Compatibility and Why does the “Junk” mailbox appear in Apple Mail?.
- There’s lots of information in the SpamSieve manual, such as the list of supported mail programs and OS versions, setup instructions for the different mail programs, and a section on iPhone spam filtering.
- For the best filtering accuracy, follow the instructions to do an initial training and to correct all the mistakes.
- If you’ve lost your purchase information, you can look up your serial number.
- Are lots of spam messages (or more than before) ending up in your inbox? Even if SpamSieve is catching some of your spam, there’s a good chance that there’s a setup problem. Just fix your settings, and the accuracy will return to normal.
- Have you checked the list of frequently asked questions?
- If your question is not answered above, please gather the proper background information and send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please do not forward spam messages to this address.
Subscribe to the SpamSieve-News mailing list to get an e-mail when a new version of SpamSieve is released or an important support issue arises.
The SpamSieve forum is the place to talk with other SpamSieve users, share tips and tricks, and ask questions. To keep up with the latest posts, you can sign up for the SpamSieve forum RSS feed, or to a single feed for all the forums.
We’d like to hear your suggestions for making SpamSieve better. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample SpamSieve AppleScripts are available, which demonstrate how to access SpamSieve’s rules, corpus, and windows. Additional scripts let you customize the interaction between SpamSieve and Address Book and various e-mail clients.
SpamSieve 2.9.15 requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.5, you can run SpamSieve 2.9.14.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.4, you can run SpamSieve 2.9.6.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.3, you can run SpamSieve 2.6.6.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.2, you can run SpamSieve 2.6.4.
If you purchase SpamSieve 2.9.15 you can request a serial number to run these older versions.