- SpamSieve 2.9.20 (released June 3) is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.10.4. After updating, see this page if you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message menu.
- If want to use a pre-release version of Mac OS X or update to the latest release version as soon as it’s ready, check out the SpamSieve public beta, which is compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 cannot automatically filter new messages through SpamSieve. Please see this forum post for workarounds and how you can ask Microsoft to bring this feature back.
- It’s best to update to the latest version of SpamSieve before updating Mac OS X, so make sure that you’ve set your Mac not to update itself without asking you.
- There’s lots of information in the SpamSieve manual, such as the list of supported mail programs and OS versions, setup instructions for the different mail programs, and a section on iPhone spam filtering.
- For the best filtering accuracy, follow the instructions to do an initial training and to correct all the mistakes.
- Are lots of spam messages (or more than before) ending up in your inbox? Even if SpamSieve is catching some of your spam, there’s a good chance that there’s a setup problem. Just fix your settings, and the accuracy will return to normal.
- Wondering why you see spam in a Junk mailbox in addition to SpamSieve’s Spam mailbox? This is probably because of a server junk filter. Please see this page for more information about how this happens and how to cope with it.
- Have you checked the list of frequently asked questions, including the general ones for the application and the ones for Apple Mail?
- If your question is not answered above, please gather the proper background information and send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please do not forward spam messages to this address.
Subscribe to the SpamSieve-News mailing list to get an e-mail when a new version of SpamSieve is released or an important support issue arises.
The SpamSieve forum is the place to talk with other SpamSieve users, share tips and tricks, and ask questions. To keep up with the latest posts, you can sign up for the SpamSieve forum RSS feed, or to a single feed for all the forums.
We’d like to hear your suggestions for making SpamSieve better. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample SpamSieve AppleScripts are available, which demonstrate how to access SpamSieve’s rules, corpus, and windows. Additional scripts let you customize the interaction between SpamSieve and various e-mail clients.
SpamSieve 2.9.20 requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.5, you can run SpamSieve 2.9.14.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.4, you can run SpamSieve 2.9.6.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.3, you can run SpamSieve 2.6.6.
- If you have Mac OS X 10.2, you can run SpamSieve 2.6.4.
If you purchase SpamSieve 2.9.20 you can request a serial number to run these older versions.