Version 1.7.6 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- The x-eaglefiler custom URL scheme now supports a search option. The new Searching From Other Applications section of the manual shows how to use this to initiate an EagleFiler search from Alfred, LaunchBar, or other applications that support URL schemes. You can set up your launcher app to search the current EagleFiler library as well as create shortcuts to open and search specific libraries.
- Improved the Searching section of the manual.
- EagleFiler now follows the Match Partial Words setting when highlighting search matches in the records list and in text and e-mail records. In other words, if you were searching for a whole word, EagleFiler will no longer highlight instances of that word contained within another word. This should reduce confusion about what was actually being searched for.
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.12 that could make the File ‣ Open command open the library behind an existing library’s window.
- Worked around a bug in OmniOutliner 5 that caused its compressed flat files to be imported as text files. (The change takes effect for newly imported files or if you rebuild your library.)
- Worked around a PDF bug in macOS 10.12.4 that could cause a crash when opening a contextual menu.
EagleFiler 1.7.6 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through macOS 10.12. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.
Update (2017–04–18): EagleFiler 1.7.6 has been submitted to the Mac App Store.
Update (2017–04–18): EagleFiler 1.7.6 is now available from the Mac App Store.