Version 1.7.5 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- For consistency with Finder, the New Browser Window command now always makes a new window. As before, when you open a library EagleFiler follows the system preference to decide whether it should be tabbed, and you can use the + button in the tab bar or the New Tab command to make another tab for an existing window.
- The Command-Up Arrow and Command-Down Arrow keyboard shortcuts no longer change the selection in the records list when their corresponding menu commands (Enclosing Record and Contents of Record) are disabled. This is consistent with Finder and should help prevent getting lost when you reach the top or bottom of the hierarchy.
- When opening a record link, EagleFiler now deminimizes the window from the Dock, if necessary.
- When a file in a subfolder of the To Import folder is skipped because it’s a duplicate, it’s now moved to the same relative location in the Unable to Import folder instead of the top level. This should make it easier to figure out where it came from.
- Updated the Importing From iOS section of the manual.
- The Capture Not Supported window no longer shows the Show Drop Pad button if the Drop Pad window is already visible.
- EagleFiler no longer tries to import metadata files for Dropbox’s Selective Sync feature.
- Acorn 5.6.4 fixes a problem that could cause Acorn to quit if it was launched as a result of EagleFiler asking it to open a file.
- Improved the error reporting when moving files.
- Documentation and Help menu links to c-command.com now use https instead of http.
- Added the DeleteRecordsWithoutCommandKey esoteric preference, which prevents the Delete key from accidentally moving records to the trash when the Command key is not down.
- Worked around a bug in Preview that could cause an internal error when importing a PDF page via drag and drop.
- Partially worked around a bug in macOS 10.12 that could prevent some text from being properly indexed for searching. If this was affecting you, you’ll need to rebuild the indexes to see a change for existing records.
- Fixed a bug where typing Command-Delete in a text editor or text field could move the selected record to the trash instead of deleting text to the beginning of the line.
- Fixed a bug where an internal error could occur if you emptied the trash while EagleFiler was generating an icon preview.
- Fixed a regression where EagleFiler would sometimes show records list columns that had been hidden.
EagleFiler 1.7.5 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through macOS 10.12. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.
Update (2017-03-21): EagleFiler 1.7.5 has been submitted to the Mac App Store.
Update (2017-03-24): EagleFiler 1.7.5 is now available from the Mac App Store.