Version 2.9.13 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Works with Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.9.2. It’s easiest if you update to SpamSieve 2.9.13 before updating to Mac OS X 10.9.2. In any case, if you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message menu, be sure to choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu. Otherwise, with the SpamSieve plug-in not installed, Mail will move good messages to the spam mailbox without consulting SpamSieve.
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- On Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Apple Mail is slower at moving messages to the Spam mailbox when you choose SpamSieve - Train as Spam and the inbox when you choose SpamSieve - Train as Good. This version of SpamSieve includes some changes to speed this up. It also includes workarounds to move messages faster by using GUI scripting instead of regular AppleScript. To enable the workarounds, please see the AppleMailTrainSpamGUIScripting and AppleMailTrainGoodGUIScripting options in the Esoteric Preferences section of the manual.
- Documented the AppleMailPlugInSetIsJunk esoteric preference, as it can be used to speed up filtering on Mac OS X 10.9.
- Improved the Setting Up Airmail section of the manual to recommend not deleting messages from the Spam mailbox when using Airmail 1.3.1 (223).
- Added the Why does the “Junk” mailbox appear in Apple Mail? section to the manual.
- Improved the Setting Up a MailMate Drone and iPhone Spam Filtering sections of the manual.
- The AppleMailTrainSpamGUIScripting esoteric preference now works if you’ve selected the trash as your mailbox for trained spam messages.
- Optimized and fixed a possible Apple Mail crash when using the Setting Up an Apple Mail Drone configuration.
- SpamSieve is now able to log more diagnostic information to help track down problems with Apple Mail.
- When a Mac OS X update disables SpamSieve’s Apple Mail plug-in, and your Mac is running in a language other than English, SpamSieve is better able to detect this and auto-reinstall the plug-in.
- SpamSieve now cleans up empty folders of disabled Apple Mail bundles.
- When training messages from Microsoft Outlook, SpamSieve now logs errors to the Console. You can also enable extended error logging via the OutlookScriptDebug default.
SpamSieve 2.9.13 works with Mac OS X 10.5 through 10.9 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.