- December 2013 - OS X facile reviews DropDMG (French).
- September 2013 - Mac Informer reviews DropDMG:
DropDMG is a simple to use Mac program that lets you create, convert, and burn DMG files with ease.
- August 2013 - Mac.AppStorm reviews DropDMG:
Designing and building these DMGs can be very difficult, which is where DropDMG comes in. The app offers a complete suite of tools and aims to not only provide an easy way of creating disk images, but also to create fully customised DMGs that app developers can use to distribute apps.
- July 2013 - DropDMG is one of Frank Eves’s Essential Mavericks Apps.
- April 2012 - Cult of Mac recommends DropDMG:
DropDMG makes this process super simple.
- April 2011 - Help Net Security reviews DropDMG 3.0.6:
DropDMG is a very useful piece of software. Possessing the appealing looks and effortless maneuverability typical of the Mac OS platform and accompanying software, it’s extremely easy to understand how to use it effectively.
- November 2010 - MacPeople magazine (Japan) recommends DropDMG (p. 138).
- September 2010 - MacFormat issue 225 features DropDMG (p. 130).
- August 2010 - AppStorm recommends DropDMG as one of the 80 most useful Mac tools and utilities.
- March 2010 - Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X (2nd Edition) recommends using DropDMG to package up Mac applications for distribution (page 592).
- November 2008 - MacBitz writes about using DropDMG to help keep data safe:
For the odd files that might contain sensite data, like old scanned credit card statements, I store these in encrypted .dmg files using DropDMG. (If you know the passphrase, you can open an encrypted .dmg file on any Mac without needing the software installed). That way if anyone ever get hold of my backup data the financial stuff would hopefully be safe.
- July 2008 - Apple recommends DropDMG for copying large files to MobileMe.
- March 2008 - The Mac Reviewer reviews DropDMG:
DropDMG is an absolutely amazing piece of software and receives a perfect score of 10/10 for its ease of use and great versatility.
- May 2007 - Macworld’s Mac 911 Weblog recommends using DropDMG as an easy way to secure your data.
- May 2006 - macCompanion reviews DropDMG, rating it 4.5/5.
- February 2006 - Evan at Newsvine praises DropDMG as being one of “5 Little-known, awesome apps for Mac OS X”:
This little app is also shareware, and it’s a fantastic little find. The fact that it’s fully AppleScript-able means that I was able to write a backup script in a matter of minutes. I actually like this much more than any of the backup software I researched. I use it just about every week and the only drawback is that it offers so many options for encryptions and compressions and file types that it does require a little research prior to diving in and packaging your precious files.
- September 2005 - Paul Collins on MacInTouch recommends DropDMG as “a great alternative to StuffIt.”
- June 2005 - MDJ 2005.06.21 covers DropDMG 2.6.1
- May 2005 - Matt Henderson praises DropDMG on his blog.
- December 2004 - Seth Dillingham blogs DropDMG 2.5.
- April 2003 - MDJ 2003.04.25 covers DropDMG 2.1
- November 2002 - MacNut reviews DropDMG 1.6, giving it 10/10
- August 2002 - Reid Ellis mentions DropDMG in his blog
- August 2002 - Macworld’s Mac 911 column recommends DropDMG
- August 2002 - Frank Martin recommends DropDMG
- June 2002 - Cocoa Mamasam lists DropDMG in its development tools section
- February 2002 - Chezmark’s MacPicks reviews DropDMG 1.0