SpamSieve has been updated to version 2.8.5. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Improved SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- Improved compatibility with the Thunderbolt MacBook Pros and pre-release versions of Mac OS X.
- Freron Software’s MailMate now works with SpamSieve, as described in the Setting Up MailMate section of the manual.
- Whitelisting Previous Recipients now works with Microsoft Outlook 2011.
- The Train as Good command can now move spam messages out of the spam folder when running a localized version of Microsoft Outlook 2011.
- SpamSieve’s Apple Mail plug-in helper now runs as 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6, where possible, to prevent input manager haxies from interfering with the training commands.
- Added a workaround to prevent SpamSieve from hanging if the address book database is damaged.
- Clarified the text in the Welcome and Purchase windows.
- Improved the instructions for using Microsoft Outlook and Entourage with Exchange accounts.
- Updated the Setting Up Postbox section of the manual.
- Made various improvements to the documentation.
- Updated the Danish and Spanish localizations.
For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.