Version 2.9.2 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Improved compatibility with the forthcoming OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- The recommended condition for the Apple Mail rule is now Every Message rather than Message Type Is Mail. SpamSieve will auto-update your rules at launch on Mac OS X 10.7 if Mail is running.
- SpamSieve is better at detecting a certain type of tricky spam message.
- Worked around an OS bug that prevented SpamSieve from properly analyzing some message attachments.
- False negative files now have the .eml extension so that they work with Quick Look, etc.
- The Setting Up a Spam Filtering Drone section of the manual has been updated with simpler instructions for Apple Mail and new instructions for setting up a drone using Microsoft Outlook 2011.
- Added the Using a Spam Mailbox on the Server section of the manual (for Apple Mail).
- Updated various graphics for retina displays.
- If the Apple Mail plug-in cannot be installed due to a folder ownership problem, SpamSieve will now ask for an administrator password to try to fix the folder for you.
- Reverted to version 1.2.3 of the Growl SDK to avoid problems with high CPU usage, internal errors, and crashes.
- Improved SpamSieve’s reporting of unexpected errors as well as script errors from Apple Mail.
- SpamSieve no longer responds at all to certain invalid commands. This should work around an OS bug that could lead to crashes.
- The crash reporter can now make recommendations for you based on the contents of the crash log.
- Added a link to the forum in the Help menu.
SpamSieve 2.9.2 works with Mac OS X 10.4 through 10.8 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.