Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Is there a way to see all untagged files?

  1. #1

    Default Is there a way to see all untagged files?

    I don't file what goes in. I just use tags and would like to identify all items that don't have tags. Is this possible?

  2. #2

    Default

    It's not exactly a filter, but if you go to Library and sort by the tags column, the ones with none will float to the top.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks Crux, that's helpful. I would love a smart folder. Maybe Michael will add that. Yojimbo already has that. He seems to be developing the app quickly.

  4. #4

    Default

    Adding an Untagged smart folder is on my to-do list.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Adding an Untagged smart folder is on my to-do list.
    This hasn't been added yet, has it? Looking for a way to group untagged items earlier.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iTodd View Post
    This hasn't been added yet, has it?
    Not yet.

  7. #7

    Default

    I know this is an old thread, but I would very much love to see this feature as well. I often don't have time to waste on tagging when I toss a file at EagleFiler, but without an untagged list it's very hard to go back and tag things after the fact.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George the Flea View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I would very much love to see this feature as well.
    Yes, I’m well aware that people want this feature (and I do for myself, too). Right now I’m working on a maintenance update for Leopard, and after that I’ll resume adding new features.

  9. #9

    Default

    Has this Smart Folder for untagged items been added yet?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmac_com View Post
    Has this Smart Folder for untagged items been added yet?
    It’s not in the current version (1.2.7), but I expect that it will be in 1.3.

  11. #11

    Default

    EagleFiler 1.3 adds a built-in Untagged smart folder.

  12. #12

    Default Untagged records (ignoring 'unread' tag)

    I know this is an extremely old thread but it sort-of fits my query.

    I've used the 'untagged' Smart Folder but unfortunately it doesn't work right for me, this is because there is a tag (which I don't use) called 'unread'.

    Is there any way I can do one of the following:

    • Delete the 'unread' tag
    • Have a Smart Folder which lists entries with no tags (ignoring whether they have an unread tag or not)
    • Prevent new records having the 'unread' tag applied

    Thanks

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy65 View Post
    Is there any way I can do one of the following:

    • Delete the 'unread' tag
    • Have a Smart Folder which lists entries with no tags (ignoring whether they have an unread tag or not)
    • Prevent new records having the 'unread' tag applied
    Yes, you could make a smart folder that shows records that have either no tags or just the unread tag.

    You can also prevent EagleFiler from applying the unread tag by using the MarkNewRecordsAsUnread esoteric preference.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Yes, you could make a smart folder that shows records that have either no tags or just the unread tag.

    You can also prevent EagleFiler from applying the unread tag by using the MarkNewRecordsAsUnread esoteric preference.
    thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •