SpamSieve has been updated to version 2.8.7. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X.
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- SpamSieve now runs as a 64-bit application on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. This allows for faster launch times and reduced overall system memory use if you are running exclusively 64-bit applications. It also prevents problems caused by buggy input manager haxies. You can use the Finder’s Get Info window to set SpamSieve to run in 32-bit mode if you want to play classic Mac OS notification sounds or to reduce the memory use of SpamSieve itself.
- When training an Apple Mail message in the Spam mailbox as good, SpamSieve is now better able to match it up with the proper inbox.
- Offloaded more PDF processing to the helper tool so that SpamSieve itself doesn’t crash if you receive a message with a corrupt PDF attachment.
- Made the Apple Mail plug-in installer more robust and better at reporting errors.
- An error finding the built-in copy of SpamSieve’s Eudora plug-in will no longer prevent SpamSieve from launching, unless it actually needs to install the plug-in.
- Entourage is supposed to create the Entourage Script Menu Items folder, but for extra robustness SpamSieve will now create it if it’s missing.
- If SpamSieve’s PDF reader detects that the CTLoader input manager is loaded, it now logs a warning that this may cause SpamSieve to hang.
- Tried to work around an unconfirmed issue that could prevent SpamSieve from processing the first few Apple Mail messages on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixed a bug with re-personalizing the application via URL.
- Clarified the Do an Initial Training section of the manual.
- Updated the Import Addresses… instructions for Microsoft Outlook.
- The Setting Up a Spam Filtering Drone section of the manual now includes instructions for setting up a drone for multiple mail accounts.
- The manual now explains how to open the Library folder on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.