SpamSieve has been updated to version 2.6. This is a free update. If you already have SpamSieve 2.5 installed, the easiest way to update is by choosing Software Update from the SpamSieve menu. Just click the “Download & Install” to automatically update your copy of SpamSieve to the latest version.
If you are using an older version of SpamSieve or have FileVault enabled, you should instead click the “Download” button in the Software Update window, or download the new version from this site, and then follow the “Updating to SpamSieve 2.6" instructions in the Read Me file.
This update includes the following enhancements:
- SpamSieve now works with Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Improved detection of image spams and phishing messages.
- Made various message analysis improvements to increase the accuracy of the Bayesian filter.
- AppleScripting the whitelist and blocklist is much more efficient for scripts that access a lot of rules.
- Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- When installing a plug-in for a mail program, SpamSieve now opens the relevant page of the Apple Help to help you complete the installation.
- The alert when SpamSieve has auto-updated its Apple Mail plug-in is now non-modal, so it doesn’t interfere with spam filtering.
- The Software Update checker now works behind an HTTP proxy, and the auto-updater is now compatible with FileVault.
- Can now import addresses from the incorrectly encoded .vcf files that are generated by recent versions of Address Book.
- Growl notifications are now enabled by default.
- The Apple Mail plug-in is more robust.
- Fixed some small memory leaks.
- Made some performance optimizations to the message tokenizer.
- SpamSieve is more robust when processing incomplete messages.
- The Entourage “Train Good” command now moves messages out of the Uncertain Spam folder.
- The Apple Mail “Train as Good” command now moves messages out of zSpam mailboxes.
- Updated to PCRE 7.0.