SpamSieve 2.4.3 is now available. It includes the following enhancements:
- Improved SpamSieve’s accuracy by counteracting various spammer tricks.
- Removed the delay, when using Apple Mail on Tiger, between choosing “Train as Good” or “Train as Spam” and when training actually started.
- The Entourage scripts now report progress partway through bulk trainings and allow you to cancel. They also warn if it looks like you’re training SpamSieve with too many messages, and they’re better at preventing duplicate categories from being created in Entourage. The “Train Spam” script now removes the spam messages from the server.
- Growl notifications from people in the address book now include the “To” address for mailing list messages. This makes it easier to decide whether to ignore the notification.
- Fixed bug that caused part of SpamSieve’s corpus to be written to disk incorrectly when running on Intel. In most cases, no ill effects would have been observed, and SpamSieve will repair the corpus file the first time you launch 2.4.3.
- Improved the error messages.
- Improved the display of the demo time remaining.
- Updated the localizations.