Thread: Feature Request: Import from Preview

Default Feature Request: Import from Preview

I largely work with PDFs so after the occaisonal mail import this is big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mtof View Post
    I largely work with PDFs so after the occaisonal mail import this is big for me.
    Since Preview is not scriptable, you cannot use EagleFiler's capture key with it unless you employ this workaround. Of course, you can always import by dragging the file's icon from the title bar in Preview into EagleFiler.

I do not know if PDFView is scriptable, but it's a great replacement for Preview.

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    I do not know if PDFView is scriptable, but it's a great replacement for Preview.
    Thanks for the link. It looks like it is scriptable, so I'll add support for it in the next version of EagleFiler.

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    EagleFiler 1.1.2 can capture from PDFView.

Cool, thanks.

How does capture from PDFview differ from adding a pdf-file thru drag'n'drop to the dock icon?

/Anders

Quote Originally Posted by thoresson View Post
    How does capture from PDFview differ from adding a pdf-file thru drag'n'drop to the dock icon?
    It's potentially easier. If you already have the PDF document open in PDFView, you can just press F1--no need to click, drag, and drop.

Preview still doesn’t support AppleScript out of the box, but EagleFiler 1.4 includes instructions for how you can make the capture key work with it.