Thread: Double click no longer opens external editor in 1.4.10

Default Double click no longer opens external editor in 1.4.10

in the changelog, it said
    You can now double-click an embedded file in the viewer or notes to open it in a separate window for viewing
    I'm not really understanding this. In 1.4.9 and previous, double clicking a PDF file in EagleFiler would open Preview. Now in 1.4.10, double clicking the same files only opens another EagleFiler viewer window of the same record. How do I get the old behavior back ?

bob

Additional info. I just noticed that doing menu Record->Open with Preview does the same thing, opens the record in another EagleFiler window. Very different behavior than in 1.4.9-

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I'm not really understanding this.
    The new feature pertains to RTF files, Word documents, EagleFiler notes, and some other document types. If there’s a file (e.g. an image) embedded in the document, double-clicking it will open the embedded file. Before, double-clicking it did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    In 1.4.9 and previous, double clicking a PDF file in EagleFiler would open Preview. Now in 1.4.10, double clicking the same files only opens another EagleFiler viewer window of the same record.
    This is an unrelated bug (in the OS, I think, but EagleFiler will have to work around it). It’s only appearing on certain Macs, which is why it escaped notice throughout the beta period. Please send me an e-mail, and I’ll get you a pre-release build that tries to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    This is an unrelated bug (in the OS, I think, but EagleFiler will have to work around it). It’s only appearing on certain Macs, which is why it escaped notice throughout the beta period. Please send me an e-mail, and I’ll get you a pre-release build that tries to fix this.
    Thank you, Michael - the new version fixes this problem for PDFs (and for RTFs, which had the same issue.

This issue is fixed in EagleFiler 1.4.11.