Thread: IMAP, Entourage 2004, delete spam automatically

Default IMAP, Entourage 2004, delete spam automatically

Dear forum,

how will Entourage 2004 learn to move spam from the IMAP-Junk-folder automatically?
    None of the solutions here is working.

My idea: After logging out, spam will delete. At this time I have to do this manually.

Regards
    Kara

Quote Originally Posted by karame View Post
    how will Entourage 2004 learn to move spam from the IMAP-Junk-folder automatically?
    None of the solutions here is working.
    Are you asking about moving spam to the Junk E-mail folder or from it (to where)? The Entourage setup instructions show how to make SpamSieve move incoming spam messages to the Junk E-mail folder. To automatically delete messages from the Junk E-mail folder you could create a schedule in Entourage.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Are you asking about moving spam to the Junk E-mail folder or from it (to where)? The Entourage setup instructions show how to make SpamSieve move incoming spam messages to the Junk E-mail folder. To automatically delete messages from the Junk E-mail folder you could create a schedule in Entourage.
    Dear Michael,

no, I'm asking to delete spam automatically from the Junk-E-mail folder (IMAP). In my Entourage 2004 I have no opportunity to create a schedule that works with IMAP folders. This was my first idea too. Maybe you know a solution. Deleting POP is no problem - but schedules will not work with IMAP. Am I wrong?

Regards
    Kara

Quote Originally Posted by karame View Post
    In my Entourage 2004 I have no opportunity to create a schedule that works with IMAP folders. This was my first idea too. Maybe you know a solution. Deleting POP is no problem - but schedules will not work with IMAP. Am I wrong?
    It looks like you’re right. Entourage 2008 also does not support this for IMAP folders. However, you could modify your SpamSieve rule to put the messages in a local folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    It looks like you’re right. Entourage 2008 also does not support this for IMAP folders. However, you could modify your SpamSieve rule to put the messages in a local folder.
    You're hint might be working. Thank you! I can't understand why this feature is implemented only for POP - mystic.

Regards and a good time

Kara

Edit: It works perfect! :)