Komento mail keeps landing in my folder Unwanted Publicity

Hi,

• In Apple Mail, I have de-activated the filter for ‘Unwanted Publicity’ (I am not sure of the exact English name for this).
  • SpamSieve rules are activated.
  • I use the latest version of SpamSieve.

Much email lands in the Unwanted Publicity folder, though.
E.g. all notifications which are sent by my website when a visitor adds a comment, using the Komento application. No matter how many times I mark these messages as ‘Train as good’.

Something is not right here, but what?? Can you help me out please? Btw, the SpamSieve Spam-box always is empty!

Thanks

It sounds like you have a filter on your mail server that’s moving messages to the Junk mailbox before they get to your Mac. Please see this page.

I checked the page. The result is quite disappointing. Since I use Apple Mail, there is no real solution for my problem. Bottom line: basically, SpamSieve for me is no good anymore.
Anyway, thanks for your support!

What was the result? Are you saying that your server junk filter doesn’t have an off switch?

Why not? The Re-filtering Messages Caught by the Server Filter section on that page seems like the exact solution to the problem that you’re having.

Holy smoke!
I am sorry, but this is way too complicated for me. I am not a programmer. I like Apple software because it does all the thinking for me.

In most cases, you can simply log into the Web site for your mail provider, and there is a checkbox to turn off their filter. Have you tried that?

The SpamSieve feature to re-filter the Junk mailbox is currently more complicated to set up than I’d like. I’m working on making it much easier for the next major version of SpamSieve.

Well, like I read in your documentation, it is not possible to turn iClouds filtering off.

The SpamSieve feature to re-filter the Junk mailbox is currently more complicated to set up than I’d like. I’m working on making it much easier for the next major version of SpamSieve.

That’s really good news, Michael! Thanks for sharing! Hope this will not take long.
Regards,
Moto