Multiple shortcuts for multiple libraries

Michael, how about more than one capture key? Like you say, the drop pad is useful mainly for the seeing/selecting the current library. If (e.g.) three libraries are open, it’d be cool to be able to assign the F1, F2, and F3 keys to correspondingly capture to library 1, 2, and 3 (however we define them). As a power feature, this is off by default, and must be set up explicitly by the user, or the default behavior (one capture key for one current library) happens.

Rick

Noted, thanks.

(I moved your post to a new thread because it didn’t seem to relate to library-to-library copying.)

Customized shortcuts for multiple libraries

If (e.g.) three libraries are open, it’d be cool to be able to assign the F1, F2, and F3 keys to correspondingly capture to library 1, 2, and 3 (however we define them)

As I the main issue I have with the Drop Pad is that I don’t always know which window is the front one in EF, I guess it would be less confusing if one could set a specific hotkey for each library. Thus, even if the library is closed, EF would try and open it. Just a suggestion !

lj

The selected item in the Drop Pad’s pop-up menu shows which library is frontmost.

EagleFiler 1.3 adds a Capture With Options key, so you can press this key and then pick which library you want to import into.