Leopard Capture with Shift-5 Not Working

Since upgrading to Leopard, EagleFiler no longer captures selected text using command-shift-5. I can still capture entire www pages using F1. Any suggestions how to fix this and restore the command-shift-5 capture?

Regards,
Gene

It’s working for me with Leopard. Do you see the EagleFiler item in the Services menu? Have you tried restarting your Mac?

“It’s working for me with Leopard. Do you see the EagleFiler item in the Services menu? Have you tried restarting your Mac?”

I rebooted. I deleted and reinstalled EagleFiler. I deleted the .plist file. I see the EagleFiler item in the Services menu and the command-shift-5 is there. It’s highlighted when I select text. However, no text is ever copied into EagleFiler.

Even within EagleFiler, command-shift-5 no longer works. For example, I select a document in EagleFiler and select some text from that document. Command-shift-5 will cause the EagleFiler menu item to highlight as if the text is being copied to EagleFiler. However, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Gene

What happens if you choose it from the menu instead of using the keyboard shortcut?

Please open the Console application. Do you see any relevant error messages in the console log or in EagleFiler’s log:

/Users/<username>/Library/Logs/EagleFiler/EagleFiler.log

?

Based on your e-mails, the problem seems to be that the OS got confused because there were multiple copies of EagleFiler installed at once.