rotated pdfs

hi
I often import pdfs whose origin is almost always someone’s presentation, distilled out of powerpoint or keynote or open office suite. I cannot tell what correlates with this, but sometimes when I import them, they appear in rotated by 90 degrees like portrait, and sometimes landscape. Always, in preview or safari, they look appropriately landscape. So, two questions:

a. what causes this abrupt change?

b. how can I rotate each page within EF so I can read them?

thanks

I’m not sure why that would be, since EagleFiler uses the same PDF display engine as Preview. Please e-mail me one of them so that I can see what’s happening.

The problem is that you are importing the PDFs by printing them and choosing “Save PDF to EagleFiler.” This creates a new PDF file in EagleFiler, which has been rotated by Mac OS X’s printing subsystem in order to fit the chosen paper dimensions. In addition, printing the PDF discards any clickable links and various PDF metadata. Thus, I do not recommend using “Save PDF to EagleFiler” with files that are already in PDF format. Instead, you should use one of the other ways to import the PDF file into EagleFiler.