Should I be able to tell if SpamSieve is working with Thunderbird?

I just switched from Entourage to Thunderbird, and of course one of the first things I did was install the SpamSieve Thunderbird extension.

It appears to have installed OK as far as I can tell – it shows up in the Add-Ons listing, and I restarted afterwards to complete the installation. But… I can’t see any difference at all. Nothing new was added to any of the menus; there’s no equivalent to the menu items SpamSieve had added to Entourage previously (“Add Good”, “Add Spam”, etc.).

I don’t know if SpamSieve is operating behind the scenes somehow and taking over spam handling from Thunderbird’s built-in junk filter without it being in any way visually obvious, or if it just somehow isn’t working. I did set all the junk mail settings in Thunderbird the way the SpamSieve manual set to, but I can’t see any difference from the operation of Thunderbird’s normal junk filter. Should I be able to?

I’m using SpamSieve 2.6.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, on Mac OS X 10.4.10, if that affects anything.

That’s normal. SpamSieve uses the built-in Thunderbird training commands, and it automatically takes over for the Thunderbird filter when processing incoming messages.

Ah, OK. So just because I can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there. :slight_smile:

I had hoped it was something along those lines. All good then - thanks!