"Train as Good" sends all good emails to my 'Personal' maibox

I’ve just begun using SpamSieve so I’m sorry If I’m making any beginners mistakes.

Mail is set up to retrieve emails from about 6 different email accounts. For some reason though, any time I select ‘Train As Good’ the message will automatically be moved to my ‘personal’ mailbox - ignoring where the mail really arrived from.

My ‘personal’ mailbox is the first on my list so perhaps SpamSieve is assuming I’m only using one mailbox?

It’s not a huge problem because I then manually copy it to where it should be but if I could avoid this inconveneince it’d be great.

Best wishes,

Martin

Mail doesn’t remember which account the messages came from, so SpamSieve has to guess based on the To address in the message and the addresses for your accounts. Often, there isn’t enough information to tell. If it doesn’t find a match, it just uses the first account. You can re-order the accounts in Mail’s preferences to change which one this is.

Thanks for the fast and practical reply.

Now I know there’s nothing that I can do with the spamsieve settings, I’ve used a few rules to sort it out instead.

Best wishes,

Martin