Thread: Postbox 7 BETA Supports add-ons/Labs. Is there a chance to get SpamSieve in there?

Default Postbox 7 BETA Supports add-ons/Labs. Is there a chance to get SpamSieve in there?

It looks like Postbox is opening their support for third party add-ons again.

Labs

Similar to add-ons, our Labs feature will allow for experimental 3rd-party code to be used within Postbox.

The first Labs project will be OpenPGP support provided by a specially designed version of Enigmail for Postbox and can be enabled under the Tools menu (remember to add the appropriate buttons to the Compose window toolbar).

Unlike add-ons which can be arbitrarily installed, only a select number of Labs projects will be available for Postbox. Given that Labs projects contain 3rd-party experimental code, they are not officially supported by Postbox, Inc.

If there's a 3rd-party solution you would like to see in Postbox, contact the 3rd-party developer directly. Please do not contact Postbox asking us to support code we do not develop, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PaFaCc View Post
    It looks like Postbox is opening their support for third party add-ons again.
    SpamSieve has been invited to join the Labs program, and we’re working with them. However, it’s not yet clear whether it will be possible to make an add-on for Postbox 7, as a lot has changed under the hood.

Default *bump*

Just adding another voice for this. I'm staying at PB 5.x until SpamSieve and PB 7 play nice, so I'd love to see this happen.

If there's anything a random but happy user of both products could do to encourage or support this, please let us know.

Default Agreed!

Throwing my virtual hat/cheer/hopes and prayers into this one-- I'm still using PB5 for the same reason. Even without direct SpamSieve support, I doubt their built-in spam filtering would allow importing the massive corpus I've built up over the years using SpamSieve. I'm not about to drop all of that now.