Thread: SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 10.15 Catalina

Default SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 10.15 Catalina

We make a public beta version of SpamSieve available for compatibility with the latest macOS beta:

The beta release notes are available in the Software Update window and also in the Version History section of the manual (in the Help menu).

We do not recommend using a macOS beta on your main Mac, as there may be bugs that we have not had time to, or cannot, work around. With that said, we do welcome bug reports so that we can investigate any bugs and report them to Apple or try to develop workarounds. Please submit any feedback or bug reports via e-mail, rather than posting here.

When the new version of macOS is finalized and released to everyone, we (usually within hours) test SpamSieve with the release version and finalize the new version of SpamSieve. The new version is announced on the SpamSieve mailing list, blog, and Twitter feed and becomes available via the Software Update… command. It’s best to update SpamSieve before updating macOS. To prevent macOS from updating itself without asking you, go to the App Store section of System Preferences and make sure that Install macOS updates is unchecked.

macOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility

Currently, the SpamSieve beta is not compatible with the macOS 10.15 Catalina developer beta. I will post an update here when it is.

Default Not getting beta updates

I am at 2.9.36 which I think is the release version ( as I reinstalled recently)

I did click your link to receive betas, and when I check updates it shows no update

unless 2.9.36 is the latest and no subsequent betas are available

thanks for advising me

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles99 View Post
    unless 2.9.36 is the latest and no subsequent betas are available
    There is no beta yet. Currently, there seems to be bug in the Catalina version of Mail that prevents it from loading plug-ins.