Thread: MailTags Import of Empty Tag

Default MailTags Import of Empty Tag

Hi,

Using Eagle Filer 1.8.7 and MailTags MailTags 6.0.8 Build 6050

I have imported 4,469 messages from Mail. For every message which has any MailTags, each one also now has a phantom empty leading MailTag. So, a Mail message tagged "Blog, Media, Yahoo" is recorded in EagleFiler as " ,Blog, Media, Yahoo"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-18 at 14.43.38.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	732

The corresponding entry in the EagleFiler tag status bar shows an empty leading tag.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-18 at 14.44.04.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	733

I have not been able to work out how to batch delete (or replace) the blank MailTag. Please advise.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuon2003 View Post
    I have imported 4,469 messages from Mail. For every message which has any MailTags, each one also now has a phantom empty leading MailTag. So, a Mail message tagged "Blog, Media, Yahoo" is recorded in EagleFiler as " ,Blog, Media, Yahoo"
    If this continues to be an issue, please contact me via e-mail so that I can look into the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuon2003 View Post
    I have not been able to work out how to batch delete (or replace) the blank MailTag.
    You can just select it in the source list or Tags inspector and press Delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    If this continues to be an issue, please contact me via e-mail so that I can look into the cause.

You can just select it in the source list or Tags inspector and press Delete.
    Thanks for the prompt reply, Michael. This did it. Because the tag was blank I did not realise that the first blank line in the tag sidebar source list was this tag, and not just a formatting line space.

I will email you as I have checked all the Finder tags and the MailTag tags and I have not found any blank tag, so no idea why all the emails were imported with a blank tag.

Cheers,