Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Checking Webmail & iPhone

  1. #1

    Default Checking Webmail & iPhone

    For the longest time I was using POP mail with the built in Mail app. I would download all mail from the server and click the option to keep mail on the server that was less than 1 week old. After 1 week that mail would be deleted. I did this so that I could both download mail to my computer and also still see it in webmail and on my iPhone.

    Recently, I converted to IMAP. I have spamsieve filtering mail and also have many Mail rules that sort messages into their respective folders on my hard drive. Is there any way to download my emails and also still see them in webmail and on my iphone? The second I download and sort the emails with rules they delete from the server.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwpcreative72 View Post
    Recently, I converted to IMAP. I have spamsieve filtering mail and also have many Mail rules that sort messages into their respective folders on my hard drive. Is there any way to download my emails and also still see them in webmail and on my iphone? The second I download and sort the emails with rules they delete from the server.
    You need to have all the devices connected to the server using IMAP. And when your Mail rules move the messages to other mailboxes, they should move them to messages inside the IMAP account rather than under “On My Mac.”

  3. #3

    Default

    ok so I should be making new folders within imap and having my rules sort emails into those imap folders? I have tons of email on my computer already, do I need to upload them to imap or can I start new folders?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwpcreative72 View Post
    ok so I should be making new folders within imap and having my rules sort emails into those imap folders?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwpcreative72 View Post
    I have tons of email on my computer already, do I need to upload them to imap or can I start new folders?
    You can start new folders if you don’t mind the contents of the old folders not syncing to other devices.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 02:30 PM
  2. SpamSieve & iphone
    By Oscar R in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 03:33 PM
  3. iPhone 3G & MobileMe
    By saucyml in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
  4. Capturing from a Poor WebMail Interface
    By Paul Davis in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 03:40 PM
  5. Spam & iPhone
    By miketeel in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •