Search anywhere doesn't search tags?

I was trying to confirm if this was an intended behavior. The manual suggests that it may be, but the word “anywhere” would suggest that tags should be included.

If this is the case, is there a way to seach “anywhere + tags”?

An Anywhere search looks in the contents of the records, as well as the Title, From, To, Cc, attachment names, and notes. It does not search the tags unless you specifically tell it to. To search for records with tag mac you can do a Tags search for mac or an Anywhere search for tag:mac.

Why are tags not included in the “anywhere” designation?

For a variety of technical reasons.

If the technical hurdles are surmountable, I’d like to request this as a feature.

The idea being that you want to search for a word and you don’t know ahead of time whether it appears as a tag or in the contents of the document?

Perhaps it’s the way I’m using eaglefiler. I have many medical articles, and I tag them in a way that is sometimes a bit redundant with the title, but sometimes the titles are pretty obscure and represent only a small part of a topic for which I have a tag.

My thinking is that I would like to see the results for both the “anywhere” search as well as the tag search together, as all of the results are likely to be relevant to what I’m looking for. This would allow me to find relevant items that don’t have all the relevant tags that could have been applied.

Yes, search anywhere should search anywhere. In the document, the meta information, anywhere. It’s usually my last resort to find something.

As of EagleFiler 1.4, Anywhere searches also search tags.