Good mail comes into inbox already showing as Read

Hi

SpamSieve is correctly identifying good emails (Outlook 365 on Mac), but when it moves it back from InboxSpamSieve folder to the Inbox, the message is showing as read. How can i configure it to show as Unread?

This is not configurable because SpamSieve never marks the messages as read. Perhaps you have another Outlook rule or something on your mail server that’s doing that.

Same issue with Mac mail
Starting with latest version of SpamSieve “some” of my emails are showing up in mail box as read. I cannot figure out what is causing it. So I far, I checked every other option I have, next I am going to disable SpamSeive for a day to see if it would continue to happen or not.

George

I got the same issue. I only have the SpamSieve rule active and it’s the only rule I have in Outlook version 16.43. Disabling the rule stops this issue, so it must be something SpamSieve does.

Neither SpamSieve nor the rule marks the messages as read, but we’ve seen cases where either Outlook or the mail server does when moving messages between mailboxes. You can work around that by clicking this link to tell SpamSieve to mark the message as unread after moving it back to the inbox. You’ll need to quit and relaunch Outlook Filter Mailboxes for that change to take effect.