Thread: DropDMG License Agreement window in Mojave Dark Mode

Default DropDMG License Agreement window in Mojave Dark Mode

Hi,

I was previously using a different product to create my .dmg file and attach a license to it, but there is an issue with Dark Mode in Mojave. The Software License Agreement text appears black on the dark background and is hard to read. I just installed the trial version of DropDMG and it's much better than what I was using, but I tried adding a test license file and I ran into the same issue.

Here's a screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 4.14.39 PM.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	715

Are there any configuration settings I can use to fix this? It seems that the formatting applies mostly to editing the font/colors/background image statically. Ideally, the text would show up black in Light mode and light grey/white in Dark Mode.

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    The Software License Agreement text appears black on the dark background and is hard to read.
    The color of the text at the left (“If you agree…”) is controlled by macOS rather than the disk image. I think it should switch to white text on a dark background when in Dark Mode and have filed a bug with Apple to this effect.

The color of the actual license text (“Test”) can be set in DropDMG. However, you will need to pick a color that looks good on both the white background of Light Mode and the gray background of Dark Mode, as macOS does not support auto-switching the foreground color.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    The color of the text at the left (“If you agree…”) is controlled by macOS rather than the disk image. I think it should switch to white text on a dark background when in Dark Mode and have filed a bug with Apple to this effect.
    Would you be able to share with me / update here the status of the bug report?

Thanks for the quick response! :)

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    Would you be able to share with me / update here the status of the bug report?
    It was closed as a duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    It was closed as a duplicate.
    I realized I actually filed this bug with them when I first started investigating the issue. I'll let you know if they update me.