Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: DropDMG not running in Mojave

  1. #1

    Default DropDMG not running in Mojave

    DropDMG now hangs for a long time (minutes), then cycles through mounting a volume on the Desktop, unmounting it, mounting it, and so on. I have to force quit.

    I rebooted the computer signed up (and installed) the current beta, and rebooted. Still no luck. I can't create a DMG now.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jda View Post
    DropDMG now hangs for a long time (minutes), then cycles through mounting a volume on the Desktop, unmounting it, mounting it, and so on. I have to force quit.
    I’m not sure why it would be hanging. Please record a sample report the next time this happens so that I can investigate further.

    The unmounting and remounting happens if DropDMG detects that the Finder didn’t properly save the layout settings. So DropDMG fixes them and tries again. It will only retry 10 times, and it should take a second or two per try, so I would not expect you to need to force quit.

    If retrying is not successful, it may help to do a safe boot to make sure no other software is interfering. Otherwise, I would encourage you to let it finish and see what error is reported. It may be only the window position that is not saving properly, in which case it will tell you how to ignore that error.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Otherwise, I would encourage you to let it finish and see what error is reported. It may be only the window position that is not saving properly, in which case it will tell you how to ignore that error.
    After posting yesterday I did just let it go on (it probably took 5 minutes), and it finally did generate an error message:

    "The mounted disk image window did not have the correct window bounds.
    The window should have had bounds {{100, 100}, {580, 377}}, but the bounds were {{0, 0}, {16473, 0}}. This can happen if the Finder did not properly save the window bounds when DropDMG ejected the disk image. Usually you can simply create the disk image again and it will work. Or, can enter this command:

    defaults write com.c-command.DropDMG LayouterDoubleCheckWindowSize NO

    in Terminal (then restart DropDMG) to tell DropDMG not to check that the Finder saved the proper window bounds. This may be necessary if you are using a Finder haxie such as TotalFinder or XtraFinder that makes it impossible for the Finder window to have the expected size."

    I followed the instructions and used Terminal set the LayouterDoubleCheckWindowSize NO. Now I can indeed build a .dmg (I'm using the standard Finder, BTW). It takes longer than I remember (maybe 2 minutes?), but it does work, so all is resolved.

    Thanks for your help.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jda View Post
    It takes longer than I remember (maybe 2 minutes?), but it does work, so all is resolved.
    Which part takes a long time? That doesn’t sound normal, so it still might be worth recording a sample.

  5. #5

    Default

    I didn't watch the progress display the whole time, but the mounted volume that appears in the Finder during the process is there a long time. I'm make a recording tonight. Where should I email it?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jda View Post
    I didn't watch the progress display the whole time, but the mounted volume that appears in the Finder during the process is there a long time. I'm make a recording tonight. Where should I email it?
    Please click this link to enable some debug logging. After the problem occurs, please save a diagnostic report and send that and the recording to dropdmg@c-command.com.

Similar Threads

  1. Mojave Mail doesn’t like SpamSieve
    By macjim in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-03-2018, 12:43 PM
  2. Mojave don't like SpamSieve with AIRMAIL
    By redtox in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2018, 09:25 PM
  3. OS X Mojave
    By speedbike in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2018, 03:50 PM
  4. Creating a macOS 10.14 Mojave Install Disk
    By Michael Tsai in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2018, 04:01 PM
  5. DropDMG Public Beta and macOS 10.14 Mojave
    By Michael Tsai in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2018, 06:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •