unreadable black-on-black spam message list

I had read this had been addressed, but I’m not finding that to be the case so far on my system (10.14.1) with SpamSieve 2.9.34b3. I have my SpamSieve settings set to not color spam emails, but even when I did the most spam-like emails were unreadable. Here’s an example.

Any way to adjust this? I just want to be able to look at the email content in the list to see if I need to actually read any. Thanks!

The fix that I mentioned before was for making the text readable when SpamSieve is coloring the spam e-mails. Could you try that and let me know whether it works better (for new e-mails, not these old ones)? Meanwhile, I will investigate what’s happening with the text on uncolored e-mails.

Sure, but only the lighter-colored (less spam-like) ones were readable until I turned that setting off earlier today. Thanks.

Could you post a screenshot of the problematic ones with colored backgrounds? Also, please send in a diagnostic report.

Sure. Will send a report in a moment.

Thanks for the report. I think the non-colored messages have black text because you had set AppleMailAllJunkMessagesUseBlackText in the esoteric preferences. You’ll probably want to turn that off on Mojave.

For the ones with the colored backgrounds, the black-on-gray looks normal to me. It looks pretty much the same on previous versions of macOS. I think this is much more readable than white-on-gray…

The colored ones are fine. That of course isn’t the issue. But I have no idea what EagleFiler is not have I set such prefs. ???

I was referring to this comment:

Sure, but only the lighter-colored (less spam-like) ones were readable until I turned that setting off earlier today.

so I thought you had an issue with the more spammy colors like blue or gray.

Sorry, I posted the wrong link. Please see the SpamSieve esoteric preferences here. You must have changed the AppleMailAllJunkMessagesUseBlackText preference some time ago.