Hiding the Dock Icon on macOS 10.14

The Hide Dock icon checkbox works on macOS 10.14, but it may not appear so at first due to a change Apple has made to the Dock. In macOS 10.14, there is a new section of the Dock that shows recently launched applications. Applications will show up in this section, even if their Dock icons are hidden (so that they don’t show up in the regular part of the Dock). If you want to hide ToothFairy from the recent section, as well, you can either:

• Click and hold on the ToothFairy Dock icon and choose Options ‣ Remove from Dock from the menu; or
  • Drag the ToothFairy icon off the Dock; or
  • Go to System Preferences ‣ Dock and uncheck Show recent applications in Dock to hide that section entirely.

Hi there,

So I have tried every-way but can’t remove or hide the app in from the main dock (not the recent apps dock) without shutting down the program. There is no remove from dock option on click hold and the drag to remove option doesn’t work either. I also have it set to open automatically with login and have ‘hide’ selected. I am on on 10.15.4 Catalina and using it with Airpodspro.

Thanks,
Ben

When you relaunch ToothFairy, does it remember that Hide Dick icon was checked?

Have you tried restarting your Mac?

You may have to quit the app first to see that option.

When you relaunch ToothFairy, does it remember that Hide Dick icon was checked?

Have you tried restarting your Mac?

Yes it does remember all the settings and I boot up my mac every morning.

You may have to quit the app first to see that option.

I was referring to the options available within the doc app icon

Yes, there may be different options available when the app is not running.