Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Mojave Mail doesn’t like SpamSieve

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Glad you figured it out. I will talk with the iLock developer and see whether there’s anything that can be done. Mail on Mojave is very sensitive about plug-in files not being touched/moved.



    Maybe it installs something in the LaunchAgents folder?
    SpamSieve installed in that folder but not iLock.

  2. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default Me too!

    I too have been having this problems since updating to Mojave. I followed all the instructions but every time I boot my iMac, SpamSieve tells me to make sure that the plugin is configured. It is! So, I click cancel and, as far as I can see, SpamSeive is working as it should - until I shut down - and then the Finder tells me that it can't shut down because of SpamSieve! Annoying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 09.06.59.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	706  

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I too have been having this problems since updating to Mojave. I followed all the instructions but every time I boot my iMac, SpamSieve tells me to make sure that the plugin is configured.
    Are you getting the dialog saying that SpamSieve disabled the rules, or only the one shown in your screenshot that says to enable the plug-in? The next time this happens, please send in a diagnostic report so that I can see why SpamSieve thinks the plug-in is not enabled.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    So, I click cancel and, as far as I can see, SpamSeive is working as it should
    Do you see the SpamSieve commands in Mail’s Message menu?

    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    until I shut down - and then the Finder tells me that it can't shut down because of SpamSieve!
    I haven’t heard other reports of that happening. How long does it take if you try to quit SpamSieve yourself? This page describes how you can record what it’s doing so that we can see why it isn’t quitting.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I too have been having this problems since updating to Mojave. I followed all the instructions but every time I boot my iMac, SpamSieve tells me to make sure that the plugin is configured. It is! So, I click cancel and, as far as I can see, SpamSeive is working as it should - until I shut down - and then the Finder tells me that it can't shut down because of SpamSieve!
    Thanks for sending the report. The issue seems to be that you need to give SpamSieve Full Disk Access. (It looks like you had done this before, but somehow macOS forgot.)

    I’m glad to hear that the problem quitting has not recurred.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I followed all the instructions but every time I boot my iMac, SpamSieve tells me to make sure that the plugin is configured. It is!
    I made some changes in the SpamSieve 2.9.34b1 public beta that should help with this. It seems to be caused by Mail taking a long time to launch.

  6. #26

    Default Gonna give the beta a try

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    I made some changes in the SpamSieve 2.9.34b1 public beta that should help with this. It seems to be caused by Mail taking a long time to launch.
    I'm gonna give the beta a try.

  7. #27

    Default Issue no more

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    I made some changes in the SpamSieve 2.9.34b1 public beta that should help with this. It seems to be caused by Mail taking a long time to launch.
    After installing the latest public beta 2.9.34b1 and launching Mail a number of times, I have not experienced any further instances of SpamSieve alternatively activating/deactivating its Mail rule.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChazMills View Post
    After installing the latest public beta 2.9.34b1 and launching Mail a number of times, I have not experienced any further instances of SpamSieve alternatively activating/deactivating its Mail rule.
    Glad to hear it! Thanks for the follow-up.

  9. #29

    Default Rule activation issue conditionally returns

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Glad to hear it! Thanks for the follow-up.
    When I was running SpamSieve public beta 2.9.34b1, I launched Apple Mail and had no problem with the rule activation/deactivation issue that I had experienced. With public beta 2.9.34b2, if I launch Apple Mail first, the issue occurs again. If I launch SpamSieve first then Apple Mail, the issue does not occur. In both cases, I had the third party app iLock enabled which requires me to enter a password before I can launch certain apps. It hasn't taken any longer to enter the 7 character password under b2 than it did under b1.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChazMills View Post
    With public beta 2.9.34b2, if I launch Apple Mail first, the issue occurs again. If I launch SpamSieve first then Apple Mail, the issue does not occur. In both cases, I had the third party app iLock enabled which requires me to enter a password before I can launch certain apps.
    Please click this link to enable some debug logging. Then, the next time the problem occurs, send in a diagnostic report.

  11. #31

    Default Must have just been a hiccup

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Please click this link to enable some debug logging. Then, the next time the problem occurs, send in a diagnostic report.
    The issue with the public beta 2.9.34b2 has not repeated itself even with my launching Mail. SpamSieve loads as expected and there have been no further incidents with the activation/deactivation of SpamSieve's rules. Must have just been an isolated glitch.

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I too have been having this problems since updating to Mojave. I followed all the instructions but every time I boot my iMac, SpamSieve tells me to make sure that the plugin is configured. It is!
    This should be improved in SpamSieve 2.9.34b3.

  13. #33

    Default

    I made some more changes in the SpamSieve 2.9.35b1 public beta that should address a problem with SpamSieve erroneously disabling it Mail rule when its plug-in actually was loaded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 10.14 Mojave
    By Michael Tsai in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-23-2018, 04:31 PM
  2. DropDMG Public Beta and macOS 10.14 Mojave
    By Michael Tsai in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2018, 06:06 PM
  3. EagleFiler Public Beta and macOS 10.14 Mojave
    By Michael Tsai in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2018, 03:58 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 02:26 PM
  5. SpamSieve doesn't quit when Mail.app quits
    By jazbek in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 09:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •