Thread: scroll bar and funky icon appearance

Default scroll bar and funky icon appearance

Using DropDMG 3.5.4, on Mac OS 10.13.6. When I make a .dmg with a single file in it as well as link to Applications folder, it appears fine: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinderScreenSnapz008.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	703

However on another Mac (running 10.12.16), the .dmg that is created ends up inappropriately showing a scroll bar, and the app's icon is mangled (actually looks kinda nice, but not correct nonetheless!):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	704

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by dnigrin View Post
    Using DropDMG 3.5.4, on Mac OS 10.13.6. When I make a .dmg with a single file in it as well as link to Applications folder, it appears fine: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinderScreenSnapz008.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	703

However on another Mac (running 10.12.16), the .dmg that is created ends up inappropriately showing a scroll bar, and the app's icon is mangled (actually looks kinda nice, but not correct nonetheless!):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	704

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance....
    For the scroll bar, you may want to use a slightly taller background picture so that DropDMG sets the window size to be a little larger.

I'm not sure what’s happening with the icon. DropDMG doesn’t try to change anything there; it just copies the application file. Perhaps there’s something wrong with the .icns file you are using. Does the same problem occur if you create a .dmg of one of the built-in macOS apps?

Thanks - after I had posted I had the same thought re: the .icns file, and sure enough one of the files within it got mangled somehow. So fixing the .icns file fixed things - definitely not a DropDMG problem!

And increasing the background image's height fixed the scroll bar problem too.

Incredible customer service, thank you!!