Want to find a way to do Notes with Eaglefiler..

I want to find a way to use a Notes App with Eaglefiler in iOS. (or EF AS a notes app?)

I want to write Notes on a Desktop that syncs with my iPhone and EF Library.

I see that “Documents” has been recommended, but seems complex for this and doesn’t seem to write notes.

Am I missing something?

Trying to get my Note and Collection under ONE thing that works.

Is there an easy way to do this?

There are some apps listed here. Documents does let you create and edit notes, but it handles lots of other tasks as well. If you want something more focused on plain text notes, I recommend Editorial.

That idea may not work as notes taking and document archiving/retrieval are different modes of operation needing different ways of user interface to accomplish the stated goal.

I’m using EagleFiler without sync on laptop (main Library for documents and a separate EmailArchive library) and UpNote for notes on iPhone and Mac laptop/Windows desktop. UpNote is an Electron app, but you’d never guess - feels like a native app.

You can certainly use EagleFiler’s editor for taking notes, either plain text or RTF. With rich text, you can enter list mode and use Tab/Shift-Tab to give an indented structure to your notes. Or, depending on the other app that you’re using, you may be able to use it to edit the files directly in your EagleFiler library.

I have an EagleFiler folder called “prefix” in which I put my note files whose filename is prefixed with one of the note types I like to create, for example, “how to”, “lists”, and “logs”. I set up a custom search for each prefix in the sidebar for quick access to each type of note.
Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 11.24.05 am

1 Like