Moving files from one library into another

I have two libraries: Work Active and Work Archive. When I am ready to archive a file, I would like to move everything (file, tags, notes) into the archive. I’m trying to figure out the best way to do this without losing or breaking something. Any help would be appreciated.

You can just open both libraries in EagleFiler at once and drag and drop the Records folder (if you want to move everything) from one window to the other.

I need to move only a few records occasionally. But following the cue from your message, I discovered that if the archive is open in a different window, rather than a tab, I can drag and drop from one to the other.

I was initially put off by the stark interface of this program. But the more I get into it, the more I realize how many details that never occurred to me have been thoroughly considered and elegantly executed. Well done.

You can also do it with two libraries as tabs in the same window. Start dragging a record from one library, then, with the mouse button still down, hover the cursor over the tab for the other library. It will switch to that tab. Then keep dragging onto the destination folder in the second library, and finally release the button.

Does NOT Work

Could you explain more specifically what you are doing? What are dragging? From where to where? What is happening? If you would like to send screenshots without posting them to the forum you can e-mail to eaglefiler@c-command.com.