Thread: Tag as you import (a la Y*jimbo)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tag as you import (a la Y*jimbo)?

Hi,

I didn't see this answered though I suspect it has been.

Is there a way to tag files as they are captured with the F1 key?

For example, Yojimbo allows one to assign tags (via a dialogue box) when capturing a web archive from a browser, my most common import action, instead of locating the file in the database afterwards and adding tags.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

thanks

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by bluloo View Post
    Is there a way to tag files as they are captured with the F1 key?
    Not currently, but I’m working on it. You can, however, drag and drop onto a tag source to import a file/URL and assign that tag.

Thanks for the tip.

:)

I was just about to add this request. Yay!

Something like Shift-F1…

And call me a nut, but something prettier than a regular modal style box would be really nice. But function first!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Not currently, but I’m working on it.
    In the meantime, you can customize the capture script(s) for application(s) you need this for:

Code:
    set the_tag_string to text returned of (display dialog "List tags" buttons {"OK"} default button "OK" default answer "")

return {{|url|:theURL, |tagsString|:the_tag_string}}

I am very interested in this feature too. Not to push, Michael, but would you be willing to say if this is on a front burner or a back burner? Thanks. I've been testing Yojimbo, DevonThink, etc. and I prefer EF except for the feature that Yojimbo has on being able to tag at the same time as you quickly capture (a web page, in my case).

Just for reference, I'm cross linking here to the same requests in different threads: http://c-command.com/forums/showthre...hlight=yojimbo and http://c-command.com/forums/showthre...hlight=yojimbo .

Thanks, and a shout out to you for the awesome email support this weekend.
    Last edited by mamaEagle; 07-23-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: typos and adding links w/similar requests

Quote Originally Posted by mamaEagle View Post
    Not to push, Michael, but would you be willing to say if this is on a front burner or a back burner?
    It’s my top priority for the next feature update.

Did our oft-requested tag feature make it into this update (perhaps I missed it)?

thanks