EagleFiler 1.8.1

The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:

Version 1.8.1 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:

• EagleFiler is now 64-bit only and requires macOS 10.7 or later.
  • Added support for HEIC images.
  • Sketch files are now displayed using Sketch’s Quick Look plug-in instead of just showing the file icon.
  • You can now paste Return-delimited tag names into the Tags
    fields. This can be helpful in concert with selecting a range of tags and using the Copy command, as that generates Return-delimited text. - Increased the maximum width of the Title
    column. - The How can I put my library on my iPhone? section of the manual now recommends the new Files app in iOS 11, which can view and sync the tags on your EagleFiler files.
  • Updated the Edit Smart Folder… and Export… sections of the manual.
  • Worked around a macOS 10.13 bug that caused crashes in Core Animation.
  • Worked around a macOS 10.13 bug where importing an Apple Mail message via drag and drop could import an empty folder instead of the .eml file.
  • Worked around a macOS bug that prevented large PDF files from displaying properly.
  • Worked around an issue where macOS would add a color tag (which would then get synced into EagleFiler) when you assigned a label.
  • You can now assign the ef_nometa tag to a folder to exclude it (and its subfolders) from metadata backups.
  • Added the MJTURLSetModificationDateOnCopy esoteric preference to have EagleFiler try to repair lost file modification dates when importing to a NAS.
  • EagleFiler no longer considers .7z message attachments to have unknown type.
  • Improved the error reporting when importing a Web page.
  • Worked around an internal error when opening a library window.
  • When importing an Apple Mail message, EagleFiler no longer warns about missing message parts that are actually present but empty.
  • Fixed a bug where the Drop Pad
    could show no current library if you closed a library window while EagleFiler was in the background. - Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could report an internal error when Control-clicking on a row that now longer exists.
  • Fixed an issue on macOS 10.13 that could cause a hang when searching.
  • Fixed an issue on macOS 10.13 that could prevent closing the library or quitting.
  • Fixed a regression where there was too much debug logging when importing a Web page.
  • Updated the German localization.

EagleFiler 1.8.1 works with macOS 10.7 through 10.13. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.

Can it be that my libraries are opening faster now… or is this pure imagination?

– Tom

Yes, lots of operations should be a bit faster with 1.8.1.