SpamSieve 2.9.28 stuck in nowhere land

Hello, I am running Sierra 10.12.6, SS 2.9.28.

I had moved SpamSieve off my laptop and onto my iMac a while back, and since my iMac was acting up, I left SS installed on my laptop but just unchecked the Mail Rules scripts, and all was working fine. My iMac finally died this morning, and when I went back to my laptop to start running SS from there again, I turned on the Rules. Nothing happened. So I went into SpamSieve, and tried to Uninstall Apple Mail Plug-in. It went through the whole process, asking all the questions, said it was uninstalled… but it’s not uninstalled. I looked at the Mail Bundles in the library, and it wasn’t in the Bundles folder (a new disabled Bundles folder had been created), but filtering still isn’t working, SpamSieve still isn’t appearing in the Mail menu system, and SpamSieve still says “Uninstall Mail Plugin-in”.

So I’m stuck in this nether-world. Please help!

Thanks.

I’m confused about what you’re trying to do. You said that you told it to uninstall and that you no longer see the file, so why do you conclude that “it’s not uninstalled”?

Why do you expect the filter to work after you uninstalled?

Sorry, let me try to re-explain…

Laptop has had SpamSieve on it, installed but not engaged (rules were turned off).

I wanted to “re-engage” the laptop SpamSieve, so I turned the rules back on. No filtering happened.

In an attempt to “re-engage”, I thought I would uninstall THEN REINSTALL SpamSieve Mail plugin. That process failed.

Now, SpamSieve still says “Uninstall Mail Plug-in”, suggesting the plugin is installed, but it does not act like it is installed; there is no Mail menu item for Train Spam, SpamSieve Settings, etc., and it does not filter.

I seem to have no way to actually uninstall and reinstall to get it to work.

Does that help?

Thanks.

How do you know it failed? Did it report an error when you chose “Install Apple Mail Plug-In”?

Where are you seeing this?

There was no error, but after going through the Uninstall process several times, it still says Uninstall Plugin. Please see attachment.

Thanks.

That’s normal. The Install and Uninstall commands are always both available.

If, after installing, you still don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Mail’s Message menu, please see this page.

I got it to work, thanks. And good to know that that option is always there, that it’s not an indication of status.

Thanks for your help.

Great—thanks for the follow-up.