Thread: SpamSieve starts then dies; unable to install as Thunderbird add-on

Default SpamSieve starts then dies; unable to install as Thunderbird add-on

The title says it all... starts then dies! I downloaded the latest version, same thing... running on OS X 10.11.6, Thunderbird 45.6.0

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneDude View Post
    The title says it all... starts then dies! I downloaded the latest version, same thing... running on OS X 10.11.6, Thunderbird 45.6.0
    It’s not clear to me what you mean by “dies.” If there is an error message or crash report, please post it here (or submit it via e-mail). That said, Thunderbird 45 is not one of the supported mail programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    It’s not clear to me what you mean by “dies.” If there is an error message or crash report, please post it here (or submit it via e-mail). That said, Thunderbird 45 is not one of the supported mail programs.

That's the problem; is there going to be support for TB 45, or should I start looking for something else? (recommendations?)

Regards, Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneDude View Post
    That's the problem; is there going to be support for TB 45, or should I start looking for something else?
    There is not likely to be support for Thunderbird 45 anytime soon. As noted on that page, you can, however, use Apple Mail in the background to run SpamSieve but use Thunderbird to read your mail and to train SpamSieve (via the drone setup’s special training mailboxes).