SpamSieve nonfunctional after upgrading to macOS Sierra 10.12.1

When I click on the SpamSieve application and periodically throughout the day, I will get a dialog with the following information: This happened after I upgraded to 10.12.1.

Now, the application does not filter SPAM. I have done a manual re-install, but get the same error. Running 2.9.26

Detailed Error Information:
Error Domain: NSCocoaErrorDomain
Error Code: 512
MJTCurrentUserName: Paul
MJTFileExists: 1
MJTFileIsLocked: 0
MJTFileModeString: 644
MJTFileOwnerName: Paul
MJTFileType: NSFileTypeRegular
MJTParentFolderIsLocked: 0
MJTParentFolderModeString: 755
MJTParentFolderOwnerName: Paul
MJTStackFrames: (
“-[SpamSieve(ApplicationDelegate) setupApplicationError:] (558)”,
“-[Corpus initWithPath:error:] (69)”,
“-[CompactWordStore initWithFile:error:] (623)”,
“-[WordStore readFromURL:error:] (450)”,
“+[NSData(MJTFiles) mjtReadFromURL:options:error:] (32)”
)
NSFilePath: /Users/Paul/Library/Application Support/SpamSieve/Corpus.corpus/Words201
NSUnderlyingError: <NSError Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=5 UserInfo={
NSLocalizedDescription = “The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. Input/output error”;
NSLocalizedFailureReason = “Input/output error”;
}>

It looks like there’s a problem with your Mac such that SpamSieve’s corpus file:

/Users/Paul/Library/Application Support/SpamSieve/Corpus.corpus/Words201

cannot be read. It might help to restart the Mac, or there might be a hardware problem. If restarting doesn’t help, you could try deleting that file or replacing it with a backup, but that would only be a temporary fix. There would still be an underlying problem if your Mac is unable to read certain files from disk.

Not sure how the file became corrupted, but I deleted it and reinstalled SS and started retraining it. Everything is working now. Thanks for your help!