Weird drone spam filter behvaior

So I have SpamSieve set up on a Mac mini using IMAP to filter my email, complete with the drone AppleScripts. This works great. The actual mail server is a Linux machine running Dovecot IMAP that I also administer.

My main client is a MacBook Air running 10.11.6 and Mail.app.

Very often, like 50+% of the time, emails filtered by the drone and correctly moved to the server Spam folder do not get reflected as such on my MBA client machine. On the MBA, they turn yellow to indicate their Spam status but they remain in my Inbox. Occasionally, they will disappear from the Inbox minutes later but more often they will just sit there until I manually move them to the TrainSpam mailbox.

Additionally, and maybe somewhat related, I don’t get the filtering colors on spam in the server-hosted Spam mailbox (either on the drone or the client). I have verified that I DO get the colors if the drone puts them in an On My Mac spam folder instead.

Any ideas on either of these?

Thanks!

• Mark

Are you able to check with Webmail to see which mailbox the messages are in on the server? That would tell whether the problem is that the server isn’t moving the messages or the MacBook Air isn’t properly syncing with the server.

That’s strange, as Dovecot is a good server. I don’t think it’s a settings issue since you get the colors with the local mailbox. It might help to rebuild Mail’s database.

I don’t see them in the Inbox on the drone or on my iPhone, so I think it’s a sync issue which means I need Apple to fix it. I won’t hold my breath.

That’s strange, as Dovecot is a good server. I don’t think it’s a settings issue since you get the colors with the local mailbox. It might help to rebuild Mail’s database.

I don’t see the colors on the drone server, either, when I look in the server-hosted Spam folder.

Weird, right?

I wonder if there’s some “support extended attributes” flag in the Dovecot config that I don’t have turned on. I set it up YEARS ago.

• Mark

Yeah. Do you have any other Mail plug-ins installed?

Nope - both empty.

• Mark