Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: EagleFiler Public Beta and macOS 10.12 Sierra

  1. #1

    Default EagleFiler Public Beta and macOS 10.12 Sierra

    You can click this link (after installing EagleFiler) to join the public beta program and receive updates via the built-in Software Update… command. Click this link to stop receiving beta updates.

    The beta release notes are available in the Software Update window and also in the Version History section of the manual (in the Help menu).

    macOS 10.12 Sierra Developer Preview 1 (16A201w) is not yet supported. This thread will be updated with information about compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra as it becomes available.

    We do not recommend using a macOS beta on your main Mac, as there may be bugs that we have not had time to, or cannot, work around. With that said, we do welcome bug reports so that we can investigate any bugs and report them to Apple or try to develop workarounds. Please submit any feedback or bug reports via e-mail, rather than posting here.

  2. #2

    Default Impossible when EF crashes at launch o Sierra

    Unfortunately, for me anyway, because EageFiler crashes at launch so software update does not activate to check for a newer version. I am sure you know of this by now.

    BTW: When I was out yesterday I needed a file and I was able to locate it in a EagleFiler documents folder using the iCloud app. Giving me a way to access my EagleFiler library from my iPhone & iPad. I think there are some great possibilities for an EagleFiler iOS app, now with Apple storing Documents folder in the cloud.

    Keep up the fantastic work.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donperreault View Post
    Unfortunately, for me anyway, because EageFiler crashes at launch so software update does not activate to check for a newer version.
    When a beta version is available, I will post a note here and there will be a way for anyone already on macOS 10.12 to download it without using Software Update.

  4. #4

    Default

    EagleFiler 1.7b1 is now available and adds support for macOS 10.12 DP 1.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donperreault View Post
    BTW: When I was out yesterday I needed a file and I was able to locate it in a EagleFiler documents folder using the iCloud app. Giving me a way to access my EagleFiler library from my iPhone & iPad. I think there are some great possibilities for an EagleFiler iOS app, now with Apple storing Documents folder in the cloud.
    Do you store your EF database on iCloud? How did you find the file? Last I played with this, iOS spotlight won't know about files (doesn't index them) until you've opened that file on that device once in the past (so useless).

  6. #6

    Default Public Beta Sierra

    Hi Michael,

    What is the direct link for download?
    Because I installed the trial to test on sierra but I get an error when launching so I cannot update to the beta.
    Thanks
    Jose

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    EagleFiler 1.7b1 is now available and adds support for macOS 10.12 DP 1.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jose_almeida@icloud.com View Post
    What is the direct link for download?
    Because I installed the trial to test on sierra but I get an error when launching so I cannot update to the beta.
    You can download the beta here.

  8. #8

    Default 1.7b1 goes to 404 page

    Is it available ?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
    Is it available ?
    I have updated the link for the latest version (1.7b4).

  10. #10

    Default

    Thank you. If it's what I think I will be buying.

  11. #11

    Default

    EagleFiler 1.7 has now shipped, so there’s no longer a need to run a beta version for compatibility with macOS 10.12.

  12. #12

    Default

    A new version, EagleFiler 1.7.b1, works around a font panel bug in Mac OS X 10.11.6.

  13. #13

    Default

    EagleFiler 1.7.2b1 fixes a bug importing attachments from Apple Mail under macOS 10.12.

Similar Threads

  1. DropDMG Public Beta and macOS 10.12 Sierra
    By Michael Tsai in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 01:18 PM
  2. DropDMG Public Beta and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
    By Michael Tsai in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 03:07 PM
  3. Having trouble upgrading to Public Beta version
    By RobertJoseph in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 06:34 PM
  4. EagleFiler Public Beta and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
    By Michael Tsai in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 04:48 PM
  5. SpamSieve for Yosemite Public Beta
    By Michael Tsai in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 09:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •