DropDMG 3.3 MAS Version Not Launching

Hi All,

I’m having an issue with the latest update from the MAS. When I try to launch DropDMG either directly or via an Automator workflow app, it fails to launch at all. The app appears briefly in the Activity Monitor (see attached screenshot), but never appears in the Dock or on the Desktop. If I try to run an Automator app that calls DropDMG to compress a folder, I get the attached error message from Automator. I have tried deleting the app, reinstalling it from the MAS, and rebooting and retrying without success. I’m fully up-to-date on OS X (10.11.5), running on an MBP Retina 13" Late 2013.

1. Is anyone else seeing this with the MAS version?

2. Any idea what to do?

Thanks!

Jeff

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 6.46.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 6.51.53 PM.png

Thanks for the report. Are you getting an error -67061 in Console? It appears that Apple did not correctly code sign the Mac App Store download. I will remove it from sale in the store and look into this. Meanwhile, you could use the direct version.

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I am seeing error 67061 in the Console. I will use the direct version for now. Thank you!

I’m still working with Apple to get this resolved. New customers should purchase the direct version, as the Mac App Store version has been removed from sale until it can be fixed. If you’ve already purchased and launched the Mac App Store version, the direct version should detect the Mac App Store receipt automatically. Otherwise, please contact me via e-mail with proof of your Mac App Store purchase, and I can issue you a license for the direct version.

Thank you Michael. I’ve sent an email with my Mac App Store receipt. Thanks - Jeff

Apple fixed the issue with the Mac App Store, and DropDMG 3.4.1 is now available there.