Airmail Reporting Errors When Sending Messages to SpamSieve for Analysis

Same here – “Brenna” at Bloop suggested the same useless “fresh install” – but nothing.

I’m having an interesting situation, based on the console logs, where certain messages aren’t being passed on to SpamSieve for interpretation – SpamSieve never gets to rate and categorize the spam in question, and therefore its slipping through.

See below:

May 15 10:58:01 Kips-Bay Airmail 2[5172]: ERROR] getScoreForMessage null rfc 1703] May Walgreens p… dXXX@xxx.com 0 2016-05-15 14:56:44 +0000
May 15 11:14:01 Kips-Bay Airmail 2[5172]: ERROR] getScoreForMessage null rfc 1705] Best Cell Phone… dXXX@xxx.com 0 2016-05-15 15:13:26 +0000
May 15 12:43:02 Kips-Bay Airmail 2[5172]: ERROR] getScoreForMessage null rfc 1707] Let us Beat You… dXXX@xxx.com 0 2016-05-15 16:42:14 +0000
May 15 12:44:01 Kips-Bay Airmail 2[5172]: ERROR] getScoreForMessage null rfc 1708] Insurance rates… dXXX@xxx.com 0 2016-05-15 16:38:25 +0000

This looks like a different issue because Klosurdo was seeing Airmail send the messages to SpamSieve, which thought they were spam, but then Airmail didn’t move them. In your case, the messages never made it to SpamSieve for analysis. So I have moved your post to a new thread. Did you ask Airmail support about the errors?

Yes. I was told to essentially delete my entire library component of Airmail 2 (like Klosurdo was told – seems to be their stock answer to problems), which deleted my archived email and settings, but did nothing to solve the problem. They seem to have some issues on the support side of things at Bloop, which is a shame since I love Airmail 2.

Not sure what the next step would be.

I was hoping they would be able to tell you what the error message means. Not having access to the Airmail source, I don’t know in what circumstances it’s generated.

Do you have the SpamSieve.app file installed directly in the top-level Applications folder?

I do. I think I will resubmit a ticket with Airmail, as it seems to be persisting in their latest version, Airmail 3.

I put in a ticket three days ago, and was told that it would be investigated by the Airmail/Bloop technical team. Nothing since the initial reply.

I’m also noting that the “spam” count in the side panel is incorrect – there may be no active spam in the spam folder, but – until the app is relaunched – the number is incorrect.

Airmail seems to have some bugs dealing with spam, I guess.