Thread: Train as Good and Train as Spam Keyboard Shortcuts not Working on Airmail 2

Default Train as Good and Train as Spam Keyboard Shortcuts not Working on Airmail 2

Hello -

I just installed the latest version of Airmail 2 with SpamSieve (2.9.23)
    and I am having issues with the Train as Good and Train as Spam Keyboard shortcuts -
    they are refusing to work for me - the drop down menu options work but not the shortcuts.
    I have tried multiple times using different key combos in the system pref/keyboard with
    no luck, any ideas?

Thanks - aosika

Quote Originally Posted by aosika View Post
    I just installed the latest version of Airmail 2 with SpamSieve (2.9.23)
    and I am having issues with the Train as Good and Train as Spam Keyboard shortcuts -
    they are refusing to work for me - the drop down menu options work but not the shortcuts.
    What shortcuts do you see in the Messages > Mark as Reminder menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    What shortcuts do you see in the Messages > Mark as Reminder menu?

Thanks Michael, so it appears you cannot override the shortcuts that Airmail has in place...if not thats fine, as long as they work.
    Thanks for making a great product.

So it appears you cannot override the keyboard shortcuts set by Airmail, if not thats fine, its working for me now so that's all that matters. Thanks for making a great product Michael.

Thanks Michael, so it appears you cannot override the shortcuts that Airmail has in place...
    Overriding them as described here is working on my Mac. If it’s not working for you, perhaps you could post some screenshots showing what you did and what the result (in the Airmail menu) was.

Overriding them as described here is working on my Mac. If it’s not working for you, perhaps you could post some screenshots showing what you did and what the result (in the Airmail menu) was.
    all good, working now - thanks again Michael

all good, working now - thanks again Michael
    I have the same problem. Posting a screen shot wont help as there isnt a pop up declaring an error, just a tone (basso) and no action at all
    The two training actions only work when doing a right click (control click) action. and I followd the directions to the letter in the PDF manual

Quote Originally Posted by phxpaul View Post
    I have the same problem. Posting a screen shot wont help as there isnt a pop up declaring an error, just a tone (basso) and no action at all
    The point of the screenshots is to see how you configured the keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences, whether they are shown in the menu in Airmail, and whether the corresponding menu commands are enabled.

The point of the screenshots is to see how you configured the keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences, whether they are shown in the menu in Airmail, and whether the corresponding menu commands are enabled.
    here you go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 13.11.01.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	579  

here you go
    and more

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 00.05.48.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 00.05.27.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	580  

The issue seems to be that System Preferences says “Spam Sieve - Train as Bad” (as suggested in the manual) but that in the actual menu Airmail says “SpamSieve - Train as Spam”. The manual is correct for the Airmail 2.6.1, the current version in the Mac App Store. Which version of Airmail do you have? In any case, changing System Preferences to match what you see in the menu should fix the problem.

The issue seems to be that System Preferences says “Spam Sieve - Train as Bad” (as suggested in the manual) but that in the actual menu Airmail says “SpamSieve - Train as Spam”. The manual is correct for the Airmail 2.6.1, the current version in the Mac App Store. Which version of Airmail do you have? In any case, changing System Preferences to match what you see in the menu should fix the problem.
    No it didnt help. No action except for Basso alert tone.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 13.34.58.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 13.33.40.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	582  

No it didnt help. No action except for Basso alert tone.
    You have the same version of Airmail as me. I just realized that your second screenshot (with “SpamSieve - Train as Spam”) is from the contextual menu. The correct place to look for the keyboard shortcuts is in the Messages > Mark as Reminder menu. The menu titles there are the ones that need to match System Preferences.

You can enter this command in Terminal:

Code:
    defaults read it.bloop.airmail2 NSUserKeyEquivalents
    to see exactly what has been entered in System Preferences. On my Mac, it shows:

Code:
    {
        "Spam Sieve - Train as Bad" = "@^s";
        "Spam Sieve - Train as Good" = "@^g";
    }
    Last edited by Michael Tsai; 03-31-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Fixed reversed shortcut letters.

You have the same version of Airmail as me. I just realized that your second screenshot (with “SpamSieve - Train as Spam”) is from the contextual menu. The correct place to look for the keyboard shortcuts is in the Messages > Mark as Reminder menu. The menu titles there are the ones that need to match System Preferences.

You can enter this command in Terminal:

Code:
    defaults read it.bloop.airmail2 NSUserKeyEquivalents
    to see exactly what has been entered in System Preferences. On my Mac, it shows:

Code:
    {
        "Spam Sieve - Train as Bad" = "@^g";
        "Spam Sieve - Train as Good" = "@^s";
    }
    aren't your values reversed? you have train as bad with the good command and vice versa on good

anyway, here is my screen shot after the terminal command

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 15.23.48.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	584  

I'm not holding my breath that we can fix this. I guess I'll just have to use rightclick and select

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 15.28.57.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	585  

aren't your values reversed? you have train as bad with the good command and vice versa on good
    Yes, it should be “s” for Bad and “g” for Good.

anyway, here is my screen shot after the terminal command
    This looks good, although I guess it’s possible that the spacing or dash type is different. If you copy and paste your results we could do an exact comparison.

What does your Messages > Mark as Reminder menu look like? Are you running Airmail with the English localization?

Thanks for your help, but you can close this ticket.

Airmail is doing other stuff I can't resolve so I'm switching back to Mail.app