SpamSieve is only partially launched Error Message

Hello. With the recent beta updates of SpamSieve, I have repeatedly been met with the following on-screen error message:

SpamSieve is only partially launched.

It may help to click on SpamSieve’s icon in the Dock, Force Quit it, and then manually relaunch it. You may be able to work around the OS bug that causes SpamSieve to be stuck partially launched by quitting Mail before restarting or shutting down your Mac.

Normally, I shut down all of my apps before restarting or shutting down my iMac, so this work-around apparently does not work in my case.

I am running the latest version of Apple Mail, as well as the latest beta version of SpamSieve on an early 2009 24" Core 2 Duo iMac running El Capitan 10.11.1.

Is there a permanent fix to this issue in the works?

Thank you.

The particular dialog that you’re seeing is an attempt to work around this OS bug. I have already made some changes for the next beta to hopefully prevent the dialog from being shown when it doesn’t apply.

Please contact me via e-mail about beta versions of SpamSieve, rather than posting in the forum, and include the information from the Console log.

Thanks for all of your hard work with SpamSieve, Michael. I appreciate it. Regarding “next beta”, I assume you mean an upcoming SpamSieve 2.9.23b5, being as I am currently using SpamSieve 2.9.23b4.

Yes, please e-mail me and I’ll send you an early build.