Outlook script errors in El Cap

I have the (15A204h) build of El Cap and the 14.5.2 update for outlook, and the 2.9.21b1 beta of SS.

I am getting many errors:
…the rule “SpamSieve - Set Category” could not be successfully executed. The script encountered error “Microsoft Outlook got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.” during execution.
and outlook will hang.

I have reinstalled the scripts.

Help?

It might help to rebuild your Outlook database.

I guess I should have mentioned that I have done that several times.

Please check the Console. There may be some additional error information there.

Another thing you can do is hold down the Option key and choose “SpamSieve - Set Category” from Outlook’s Scripts menu. Select some messages in Outlook to process. Then you can run the script in Script Editor, and if there is an error it should tell you which line triggered the problem.

The script stalls on the first new message, on the command

tell application "SpamSieve"
   score current application message "Return-Path...... etc.

The console at the same time contains the message

7/8/15 10:26:24.249 PM Microsoft Outlook[97936]: Performance: Please update this scripting addition to supply a value for ThreadSafe for each event handler: "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/SIMBL.osax"

Threadsafe? Part of sandboxing?

There’s a new build of El Cap, off to download that…

This is when the script talks to SpamSieve to see if the message is spam. It seems to be a separate issue from the one you originally reported, which was an error from Outlook. Could you tell me more about what you mean by “stalls”?

Also, there may be more information in Script Editor if you view the log or log history.

This is from the SIMBL haxie that you have installed. It’s not related to SpamSieve.

outlook still hung pretty much every time I wake the mac.

Have you tried updating to Outlook 14.5.3?

Did you try running the script in Script Editor and checking the log and log history there?

Outlook still hanging even with 10.11 GM and outlook 14.5.5.

Just loaded latest beta of spamsieve.
All the force quitting keeps me having to rebuild outlooks database.

I read in the 10.11 release notes that it is going to ‘require’ 1024 bit encryption for secure sign ins.
I think outlook is failing at this. I guess this is a MS prob.

Just to close this topic out, it looks like it was fixed by the 14.5.6 update for office.