SpamSieve Public Beta and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Betas

When there’s a new version of the operating system, SpamSieve typically needs an update for compatibility with the new version of Apple Mail. Mail will present an error saying:

Mail has disabled the following plug-ins:

SpamSieve

Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 9.x.

We make a public beta version of SpamSieve available for compatibility with the latest Mac OS X beta:

• Click this link (after installing SpamSieve) to join the public beta program and receive updates via the built-in Software Update… command.
  • Click this link to stop receiving beta updates.

The beta release notes are available in the Software Update window and also in the Version History section of the manual (in the Help menu).

We do not recommend using a Mac OS X beta on your main Mac, as there may be bugs that we have not had time to, or cannot, work around. With that said, we do welcome bug reports so that we can investigate any bugs and report them to Apple or try to develop workarounds. Please submit any feedback or bug reports via e-mail, rather than posting here.

When the new version of Mac OS X is finalized and released to everyone, we (usually within hours) test SpamSieve with the release version and finalize the new version of SpamSieve. The new version is announced on the SpamSieve mailing list, blog, and Twitter feed and becomes available via the Software Update… command. It’s best to update SpamSieve before updating Mac OS X. To prevent Mac OS X from updating itself without asking you, go to the App Store section of System Preferences and make sure that Install OS X updates is unchecked.

The current public beta version of SpamSieve has preliminary support for Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.11.0 Developer Beta 1 (15A178w).

Are you interested in having any of us who plan to remain on Yosemite (OS 10.10.x) until El Capitan’s formal release join in use of that public beta version of SpamSieve? (If so, I’d be happy to do so.)

Yes, if you’re using Yosemite betas or even the release version of Yosemite, you’re welcome to participate in the SpamSieve beta. That will help make sure that no regressions are introduced. Of course, the standard beta testing disclaimers apply. The betas won’t have any known bugs (unless called out in the release notes), but there is always the possibility of problems since they haven’t received the same level of testing as the release version.

Thanks. After clicking the link you had provided in your initial post to this thread, the automatic software update notice and the subsequent installation then worked without issue.

David

The current public beta version of SpamSieve works with Mac OS X 10.11.0 Developer Beta 2 (15A204h).

The current public beta version of SpamSieve (2.9.21b1) works with Mac OS X 10.11.0 Developer Beta 3 (15A216g).

The current public beta version of SpamSieve (2.9.21b1) works with Mac OS X 10.11.0 Developer Beta 4 (15A226f).

The current public beta version of SpamSieve (2.9.21b1) works with Mac OS X 10.11.0 Developer Beta 5 (15A235d).

New Beta Version 2.9.21b2

An automatic SpamSieve version check announced to me that there is now a v2.9.21b2. I downloaded it and it was routinely installed. (I’m still running just OS X 10.10–current at 10.10.4–but am using the SpamSieve beta release to see if I experience any backward-compatibility issues with Yosemite.)

David

New Beta Version 2.9.21b3
An automatic SpamSieve version check announced to me that there is now a v2.9.21b3. I downloaded it and it was routinely installed. (I’m still running just OS X 10.10–currently at 10.10.5–but am using the SpamSieve beta release to see if I experience any backward-compatibility issues with Yosemite. I had none through b2.)

The current public beta version of SpamSieve (2.9.21b3) works with the Mac OS X 10.11.0 GM seed (15A282b).

SpamSieve 2.9.21 is now available, so you no longer need a beta version of SpamSieve for compatibility with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

The current public beta version of SpamSieve (2.9.22b1) works with Mac OS X 10.11.1 Beta 4 (15B38b).

Updated to 10.11.2 developer beta today and SpamSieve was disabled. Is there a beta version of SpamSieve that’s compatible?

Not yet. When there is, it will be noted in this thread.

The current public beta version of SpamSieve (2.9.23b1) works with Mac OS X 10.11.2 Beta 1 (15C27e).

that was quick, thanks.

The current public beta version of SpamSieve (2.9.24b2) works with Mac OS X 10.11.4 Beta 1 (15E27e).

SpamSieve 2.9.24 is compatible with Mac OS X 10.11.5 (15F18b).

SpamSieve 2.9.24 is compatible with Mac OS X 10.11.5 (15F24b).