Thread: Merging email results in text file

Default Merging email results in text file

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    EagleFiler 1.6.3 is more tolerant of messages there are malformed in this way.
    Michael,

Using 1.6.5 and having numerous experiences where merging emails results in a text file. Saw this previous post but I am still experiencing it. If I do not undo right away, is there a way to revert back to the emails? Is there a different way to merge?

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by ZeppoVA View Post
    Using 1.6.5 and having numerous experiences where merging emails results in a text file. Saw this previous post but I am still experiencing it. If I do not undo right away, is there a way to revert back to the emails? Is there a different way to merge?
    I’ve not seen that problem before. Would it be possible for you to send some of the problem files to me via e-mail so that I can see where the problem is?

If you don’t undo, the original files will still be in the trash, so you could just drag them out.

I’ve not seen that problem before. Would it be possible for you to send some of the problem files to me via e-mail so that I can see where the problem is?

If you don’t undo, the original files will still be in the trash, so you could just drag them out.
    Hello,

I have the same problem. Just found it out and wonder what the status is. What is it, Michael, you need to find solution for this? I am sending you three files via e-mail. Two source mailboxes and resulting text file. All in one zip file.

Quote Originally Posted by HonzaIL View Post
    I have the same problem. Just found it out and wonder what the status is. What is it, Michael, you need to find solution for this? I am sending you three files via e-mail. Two source mailboxes and resulting text file. All in one zip file.
    Thanks for sending the files. I have not heard back from ZeppoVA, but assuming it’s the same issue, the bug is a regression that was introduced in EagleFiler 1.6.5 when improving support for Markdown files. I expect to have a fix ready soon and will post here at that time.

Default Same issue when merging folders

Thanks for sending the files. I have not heard back from ZeppoVA, but assuming it’s the same issue, the bug is a regression that was introduced in EagleFiler 1.6.5 when improving support for Markdown files. I expect to have a fix ready soon and will post here at that time.
    Dear Mr Tsai,

just to confirm the similar problem. I have been usually adding emails to monthly folders in my 2013 and 2014 emails storages (1.6.4, 1.6.3), but tonight I updated to 1.6.5 and when I was trying to merge two boxes (one with the emails of a month and another just created with two emails) I have as result a text file.

I'll be glad to know when this issue is fixed/solved.

Thanks in advance,
    Raul Calin

Default Same issue when merging folders

Dear Mr. Tsai,

just to confirm a similar problem which never happened with previous versions. Tonight i just did the upgrade to 1.6.5 and when trying to merge a folder with 1433 messages with another folder with 2 messages, I got a txt file instead of a folder.

Glad to know once the issue will be fixed/solved.

Thanks in advance,
    Raul Calin

Quote Originally Posted by rcalin View Post
    Glad to know once the issue will be fixed/solved.
    Please see this thread for how you can join the public beta of EagleFiler to get this fix now.