SpamSieve simply not working!!!!!!!!

Hi

I have downloaded the trial of SpamSieve and been running it for about 5-7 days.

I have been teaching it rules but right now it does not appear to be doing anything!

IN statistics it says Filtered Mail
0 good
0 Spam
0 Spam per day

the only section that does show anything is Corpus, no idea what this is but it says
1 Good
21 Spam

I probably get 40-80 emails per day so this does not seem right however I look at it!!!

Am I do king something wrong?

Regards.

Robin

This means that the mail program has not asked SpamSieve to filter any incoming messages.

This means that you trained SpamSieve with 1 good message and 21 spam messages (which is not the recommended ratio).

Yes, it looks like the setup in your mail program is not correct. Which one are you using?

Hi

I am using Apple Mail, I have installed the extension.

I am running OS X 10.10.3 with all updates etc. installed.

Any ideas?

Regards.

Robin

Please see Checking the Apple Mail Setup to make sure that you have created and tested the rule.

Hi

Okay I have the SpamSieve commands in Messages, so that is all setup correctly.

I selected an email in Inbox and did the Learn as Spam, which moved it to my Spam folder.

I moved it back and did the Apply Rules bit but the message did not move!

If I look in Rules, there are no SpamSieve Rules so I have no idea why this would work anyway??

Robin

Hmmmm

Okay, so I suppose I should have read the manual!!!

I installed the plus-in and assumed this was my work done, what I had not realised was there was the extra step of creating a Rule for SpamSieve!!!

I have now done this and running Apply Rules did indeed move the Spammy email.

Now I will wait and see what happens with new inbound emails!!!

Many thanks for the help.

Robin