Feature Request -- Add Favorite/Bookmarked/Saved Views

Hi Michael – While I’m on a roll I thought I’d darken your day with yet another feature request: this one for Favorite/Bookmark/Saved Views.

To an earlier poster who requested Back/Forward in History functionality, you replied in part:

As I’m one of those kids who uses multiple libraries – having multiple libraries open AND multiple windows of one or more of those libraries open at the same time causes navigational discombobulation and the accompanying gentle sobbing.

As an alternative, I would like to propose that you consider adding the following feature/functionality: The ability to set a particular view (i.e. folder Records > Food > Sandwiches is selected in the Source List) as a Favorite or Bookmark or whatever. Then these Favorites could be navigated to via keyboard shortcuts (a’la Notational Velocity/nvALT’s Bookmarks), and, in the UI, perhaps via tabs below the toolbar, or via buttons within the toolbar (like in Finder where you can cmd-drag a folder into the toolbar).

Ideally, each Favorite/Bookmarked view would also be ‘Saved’ – in the sense that it preserves the folder, document, pane, and cursor positions from the last time you were in that view.

I’m guessing that’s all pretty self-explanatory, and apologize if there are already threads about this and I failed to find them (I did search). But do let me know if you want me to explain myself better than I’ve done here.

Thanks.

This one happens to already be on my to-do list.

Interesting idea. Thanks.